Unlike Western philosophy and heroic medicine practices, Eastern traditions recognize the energy centers of the body. There are several different chakra systems. Each are very detailed and complex, though most of us in the West are familiar with the Shakta tradition and the seven chakras which are recognized along with their Sanskrit names:
- Root chakra (Muladhara)
- Sacral chakra (Svadhishthana)
- Solar plexus chakra (Manipura)
- Heart chakra (Anahata)
- Throat chakra (Vishuddha)
- Third eye, or forehead, chakra (Ajna)
- Crown chakra (Sahasrara)
Having studied yoga and Eastern philosophy for 20 years, working with the chakra system has become an integral part of my practice. I enjoy the esoteric realms of this human existence, and through my jewelry making, I’ve been drawn to create pieces of jewelry that resonate with each chakra.
As a writer and creative hub host, I’ve been leading Daily Chakra Challenges on my social media platforms, with Instagram taking a front seat in this daily challenge and embraced by an enthusiastic community of creative types and seekers who are committed to self awareness and self development. It has been incredibly rewarding and empowering to see the creativity resulting from these challenges.
As a way to say thank you to this creative community that has given me so much by way of sharing and learning, I’m excited to host my Daily Chakra Challenge Jewelry Giveaway. The giveaway lasts 7 days and the first one will begin on April 23, 2018 – April 29, 2018, with all winners announced on Monday, April 30, 2018.
I’ve made it a breeze to enter, and here’s how:
- Follow me on Instagram
- Repost the launch announcement on Instagram for an extra entry (visit your mobile phone app store if you need to download a Repost app)
- Each Instagram post on each each day of the week receives one entry (you can certainly post more than once per day referring to the chakra of the day. See schedule below)
- Use the hashtag #dailychakrachallenge on each of your posts and tag me on Instagram at @urbansirencreative so I can find your posts
- See prompts in the photo below
- All forms of writing are most welcome. If you are not comfortable writing you can simply post an illustration, photo or video and use the hashtag #dailychakrachallenge✍📸📽. Also tag me on Instagram @urbansirencreative so I can find your posts more easily
- Subscribe to my weekly newsletter for one more extra entry (watch for the drop down menu whenever you visit my website and sign up there, or here)
Our giveaway features the following crystals and stones:
👉Garnet (root chakra–red)
👉Sunstone (sacral chakra–orange)
👉Serpentine (solar plexus chakra–yellow)
👉 Emerald (heart chakra–green)
👉 Kyanite (throat chakra–blue)
👉Iolite (third eye chakra–indigo)
👉Raw moonstone (crown chakra–white)
- Each participant’s name will be entered into a bowl on a piece of paper and entered into the draw for whichever day(s) they’ve participated. Winners will be randomly chosen by me on Monday, April 30, 2018. If you participate on more than one day, you may find that you’ve won more than one piece of jewelry!
- Shipping within the U.S. will be paid for by me. International entries are required to pay for their own shipping should they win. I will be in touch with International winners to arrange for shipping payments in advance of the item being shipped. As an International participant, by entering into the giveaway you are agreeing to pay for shipping in advance should you be chosen as a winner.
- While I’m sharing information about this giveaway challenge on social media, Instagram or Facebook are in no way affiliated with this giveaway.
Thank you all for being here and sharing your creativity! xox Diane